[RTTY] VK2SG Survey current results so far & other things...

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 12 22:25:09 EDT 2005

24 hours after releasing the VK2SG RTTY DX Notes Survey, clear results can be
seen (sorry for all the technical difficulties, I think I have that fixed for
the next survey).

There have been 82 responses so far.

49 said "Yes" to both questions saying the 'Notes were useful and they were in
favor of continuing them (~60%).

7 said "No" to both questions (~8.5%).

The most interesting result was that 26 did not even know the VK2SG RTTY DX
Notes existed (~31.5%)

Clearly the VK2SG RTTY DX Notes should continue on.  The results so far show
that we need to do a better job of circulating the 'Notes.

You can receive the VK2SG RTTY DX Notes in several ways.  However, the best way
is to subscribe to the VK2SG-RTTY reflector on QTH.NET.  And this is not even
shown on the VK2SG RTTY DX Notes themselves, so that is a failing on us editors.
The other way is to subscribe to the Digital DX reflector, but the only traffic
on that reflector seems to be just the 'Notes.  I will immediately put together
the instructions for subscribing to the VK2SG-RTTY list and post them here.  I
will also create a web page with instructions.  And I will suggest to the other
co-editors that we place this information in the weekly 'Notes.

I will let this survey linger a few more days but the results are clear - we
need to keep the 'Notes going and get the word out of their existence!

Thanks to everyone who participated so far and be prepared for yet another
survey, hopefully coming this weekend.

It has been three years since the last "RTTY Most Needed DXCC Entity Survey".
Today I fixed the old survey form and have it working again (with www in the URL
and without it!).  It is ready to go but I want to test it with some
non-Microsoft browsers over the weekend first.

So get your RTTY needs list out and get ready to participate in this new
exciting survey.  The results of the 2002 "RTTY Most Needed DXCC Entity Survey"
are still available at:

http://aa5au.com/rttysurvey_results.html

It's something we can do while we wait out these low sunspot years!!!  And hey,
don't forget about SARTG next weekend!

73, Don AA5AU