[RTTY] SARTG ZL4BR SOAB HP

Frank Hunt zl2br at ihug.co.nz
Mon Aug 22 09:31:02 EDT 2005

Call: ZL4BR
Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:
   40:   82  1190    41
   20:  154  2270    57
   15:   30   440    20
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  266  3900   118  Total Score = 460,200

For me at least propagation seemed to be worse than last weekend during the WAE. Almost
non-existent LP 20m opening to Eu, SP opening was reasonable but was really only
any good for a couple of hours, (when the EU’s turn their beams to JA). Best Eu
prop was to Southern Europe, which was consistently better than to Northern Eu.
15m short path was usable to US/VE but where was everyone?  No Eu contacts on
15m and of course nothing at all on 10m.

So once again I spent about 12 out of the 24 hours on 40m because no other bands
were open to anywhere at all !

A few positives - some very good and a few outstanding signals were copied from
W/VE on 40m, nice 20m LP opening to Africa to work FR, ET and a pair of CT3’s
plus CN on short path, and it was good to note that local interest was higher
than expected, with 3 ZL, 5 VK and 3 YB stations active.

But Spring is in the air, another month or so and decent summer propagation will
be back for sure. You’ve gotta have faith !

Rig:
TS2000 + AL80B
3el Tribander + 40m GP

73, Frank ZL4BR