[RTTY] ARRL RTTY Round-Up Rules - QUESTIONs about band changes, etc.

Richard Ferch ve3iay at rac.ca
Sat Dec 10 11:16:33 EST 2005

Re band changes and categories, I read the rules the same way Dave does,
and draw a couple of other conclusions (these are *not* complaints, just
observations):

If you are a single-op and use packet, you become subject to the 6
band-change restriction, which puts significant limits on the usefulness of
packet for SO1R and makes it completely unusable for SO2R.

Also, there is a 24 out of 30 hour time restriction even on multi-singles.
There is no possibility of a multiplier station to keep the second operator
busy.

It appears that the rules in this contest are so heavily weighted to
single-op unassisted that it's unattractive to anyone in other categories.
This may to be related to the observation that with only one exception I
could find (1995), the winning multi-one scores are *lower* than the
winning single-op scores.

73,
Rich VE3IAY