[RTTY] Telnet/Packet and the RTTY RU/Revision the Rules

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 16:02:35 EST 2005

OK, forget about 30 hours operatons time, SO2R etc..
  Here is two questions:
  1. If I am operating in Single Operator Entry - Can I use more than one (two, three, four or more Transmitters "at any given time"? It does not mean that I am going to use so many Radios - I do not have them))
  I read, that if I am in Multy-Single Category - I must follow this Rule:
  "3.2.2. Stations are allowed only one transmitted signal at any given time.."
  However, if I am in Single Operator Entry - it is clear that I can use unlimited transmitting signals at any given time..
  This Rule 3.2.2 applies to Multy-Single Entry only and has nothing to do with Single Op, Entry, right?
  I simply follow the numbers of the Rules.
  (P.S. Please do not direct me to read all other General HF Rules, etc.)
  2. What is this Paragraph for?
    "3.2.1 Power."
  If someone does not like word Revision, then use word Edition.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

WS7I <ws7ik7tj at gmail.com> wrote:

  On 12/17/05, Bill Coleman wrote:

> >What's unclear about the rules?

The rules are perfectly clear and haven't changed for a long time. In fact
changing contests that are not broken is just a bad idea. It destroys years
of records and does little to make a contest unique.

> >The proper channel is the Contest Advisory Committee (CAC), or
> >through your ARRL Director.

True that is the method and the only method.

Here is a little history on the ARRL RTTY Roundup which some might find
interesting. The contest was created with NO Multi classes what-so-ever.
The only real change was adding MS LP in 1991 as everyone just keep listing
it as a class. It was made to be a unique contest and to have a very high
level of skill involved to win it. Skill and not location was the intent.

Just like the mults and the DX element. This is what makes it unique.

Actually this has worked out quite well. My records show that it has been
won from both coasts, from the heartland, and from the South. Not many
contests can show the wide distribution of win's that this one has had.

For those who want something a little different I might recommend the WPX
which is a month after the Roundup. Seems to me that Ron and I added all
the necessary classes to make everyone happy in that one. To include
letting everyone use packet!!! Mutli-2, M-M, M/S.

Why would everyone like all contests to be the same? This would seem silly
to me. The SARTG one of my personal favorites is so unique. As is BARTG,
CQWW, WPX, et al.