[RTTY] monitor noise

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Wed Dec 28 09:38:56 EST 2005

one suggestion I haven't seen is:
All video cards are not created equal...try a different brand.
(you can always take it back if you keep your receipt)

changing the refresh rate as mentioned may move the noise out of the band segment.
(it will be show up somewhere else though)

wrapping the cord in foil...unless you figure out how to electrically bond the foil to the
ground...your mileage may vary.

also...
check out the pin-1 info that audio engineers know about...do a Google on pin 1
modifications.

Good luck....I've been dere, tried dat, failed, and den tried something else.
(different video card was the most successful)

Travel is very educational. I can now say "Kaopectate" in seven different languages.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
weather at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/WX/HH.htm