[RTTY] Sending DE before a callsign

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Sat Dec 31 14:49:53 EST 2005

>> If a station is in AA5AU's database, Writelog will highlight it even
> without the DE. In fact, Writelog will take the string of characters
> FDR8EK7WM6CVDF and highlight K7WM. This one feature gives Writelog
> users a huge advantage in a RTTY contest. As far as I know, no other
> program has this capability. The N1MM guys are working on it, but it's not
there yet.

Actually MM will highlight that also. It does not use Dons database however;
it uses some sort of
algorithm to detect what should be a callsign (1 or 2 letter prefixes, 2 or
three letter suffixes, etc). It does a pretty good job
but stumbles somewhat on callsigns like HA80IARU, K7C or others that don't
fit the "standard" rules. It will, however, highlight those if they are
preceded by DE. I've been using MM  for rtty contests
for a few years now and have yet to regret it's purchase ;)

73, Jamie WW3S