[RTTY] 'Rookie' Category?

montemerlo montemerlo at nnei.net
Wed Feb 16 13:17:17 EST 2005

I was just wondering if the comments on previous notes were due to
frustration of a 30 year Ham 'almost' getting smoked my one with year on HF.

The CQ Rookie class and the DLDX (which has a wire class) are the only
contests which give us new guys a chance at reasonable competition and
encourage us to upgrade our stations to be more competitive in future years.

A seasoned Ham may forget that when you start off you have minimal equipment
and need to experience a least a chance at placing in order to invest at
getting better.

My compliments to CQ Magazine for realizing that in at least one contest a
year, a new Ham can compete on an equal footing with other new Hams.

73

Bob KB1JZU