[RTTY] writelog rtty windows and restarting the program

Jeff Stai WK6I wk6i at twistedoak.com
Mon Feb 21 12:51:09 EST 2005

This weekend I will be using a new SO2R rtty setup with one computer, two
sound cards, and a plethora of serial ports.

I appear to have all running with writelog, including clone rttyrite/mmtty
windows for each radio (total of four text/control window pairs running).
Everything appears to be receiving and keying correctly.

Question: when I exit writelog and restart with the same log file, only one
of the four rttyrite/mmtty windows comes back - and the control panel and
window do not match - I get a control panel on the right side that is
receiving the right radio, and its corresponding text window positioned on
the left.

I am able to go thru the several steps and minutes of get it all configured
again, but I would of course prefer that the Setup->Save Config would do
that for me.

Is there something I need to do to get that to work? Does an upgrade from
10.49D do this better (didn't see anything about this in the release notes)?

thanks! - jeff wk6i

ps: When exiting, I got an error message saying that MMTTY.INI could not be
updated. Perhaps that has something to do with it, though both MMTTY and WL
were installed in the default directories...

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I