[RTTY] 2005 NAQP RTTY - All 3830 Claimed Scores 28Feb2005

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 28 12:54:07 EST 2005

K3MM               780   194    10    151,320 PVRC
AA5AU              739   202    10    149,278

Wow, that's close.  It's not the first time Tyler and I have been neck & neck in
NAQP RTTY.  Welcome back Ty!

Congrats to Tyler on what looks like a new NAQP RTTY Record, depending on what
the log checkers do.

I made a tactical error by not operating the first 10 hours straight.  I took a
rest period just as my rate started to increase.  I did not realize 40 meters
would start so early (2100Z maybe earlier?).  I'm figuring I probably missed
20-30 QSO's because of it.  It looks like I came up 11 QSO's short, but you
never really know until the final results are out.  Got to love this kind of
competition though!

In my experience, even with close scores such as these, Claimed Scores usually
are close enough to reflect the actual outcome as far as standings are
concerned.

Congrats to everyone for increased scores across the board despite only mediocre
conditions.  It's says a lot about the caliber of NA RTTY operators.  It was the
most fun I've had in an NAQP RTTY event.

73, Don AA5AU