[RTTY] 2005 NAQP RTTY - All 3830 Claimed Scores 28Feb2005

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart at pepco.com
Mon Feb 28 14:29:43 EST 2005

Nice to be back on RTTY for my favorite contest!  Auto road racing is my
"hobby du jour" right now, but I always find time for some radio
contesting!

I'll have to check my log, but I doubt I got to 40 much earlier than 2100
at all.  The way my station is set up right now, one radio does 40 (& 160)
+ high bands (usually 15) and the other does 80 and the main high band. So
there was a radio on 40 a lot more of the time than any of the other
bands.  I was VERY aggressive with passing just about anything for a QSO
late in the contest, which helped keep rate going.  It was kind of
interesting how the QSO's came in spurts.  I could go 2 or 3 minutes
without a bite and then all of a sudden work 5 in a minute between the 2
radios.

Frankly I thought I'd get clobbered because of 15 and 10, but I guess they
were so long that the midwest had a hard time using them to advantage.
They did shorten up a bit on high angles as they were closing, but it
still wasnt great and passes were very low percentage so I stopped trying
after a while.  W6YX was definitely the beacon on 10 and 15.

Tyler K3MM

"Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au at bellsouth.net>
Sent by: rtty-bounces at contesting.com
02/28/2005 12:54 PM

"'3830 RTTY'" <rtty at contesting.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [RTTY] 2005 NAQP RTTY - All 3830 Claimed Scores 28Feb2005

K3MM               780   194    10    151,320 PVRC
AA5AU              739   202    10    149,278

Wow, that's close.  It's not the first time Tyler and I have been neck &
neck in
NAQP RTTY.  Welcome back Ty!

Congrats to Tyler on what looks like a new NAQP RTTY Record, depending on
what
the log checkers do.

I made a tactical error by not operating the first 10 hours straight.  I
took a
rest period just as my rate started to increase.  I did not realize 40
meters
would start so early (2100Z maybe earlier?).  I'm figuring I probably
missed
20-30 QSO's because of it.  It looks like I came up 11 QSO's short, but
you
never really know until the final results are out.  Got to love this kind
of
competition though!

In my experience, even with close scores such as these, Claimed Scores
usually
are close enough to reflect the actual outcome as far as standings are
concerned.

Congrats to everyone for increased scores across the board despite only
mediocre
conditions.  It's says a lot about the caliber of NA RTTY operators.  It
was the
most fun I've had in an NAQP RTTY event.

73, Don AA5AU

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.