[RTTY] Not RTTY but need help

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 15 16:40:47 EST 2005

All,

Sorry to use the band width for this request. But, this is the only
reflector I am presently hooked up to.

While my Paragon is being repaired at Ten Tec, I have the use of a Mark-5
Field. I only want to use it for CW until I get the Paragon back and can get
into RTTY again. . The Mark-5 is less than a year old. The owner did not
install any of the optional filters or any other options. The receiver in
this rig is as poor as any rig I have ever used in my 28 years as a ham. If
someone has a Mark-5, would you please send me a basic set up so I can
eliminate some of the noise and get some decent filtering. I have tried to
use the manual for help, but I just can't make it work and I just can't hear
the signals. For sure, I will be happy to have my 15 year old Paragon back.
It has the best front end of any radio I have ever had.

 The owner wants to sell me this rig. But, I wouldn't want it unless the
receiver can be improved. Maybe someone could advise me on what options I
would need in case I decide to buy this radio.

PLEASE SEND REPLIES TO ME PERSONALLY SO AS NOT TO US THE RTTY REFLECTOR.

73....Dick    KS0M        mail =    whiter26 at sbcglobal.net