[RTTY] HAL ST-8000 and 6000 vs. Sound Cards

psussman at pactor.com psussman at pactor.com
Sat Jan 29 20:34:12 EST 2005

Chen hit the nail on the head, thanks!

Both TNC's and software solutions have their place. Using software
can be beneficial when the installation is properly implemented. I
do question the relative 'ease' a novice doing a good install job.

The 'slap-dab' nature of humans is to read the instructions AFTER
installation, if there is a need. Simplicity of installation means
if it works 'right out of the box' then it doesn't need attention
-- sort of like installing a dipole that 'nearly loads' and
and unknowingly accepting less than adequate results.

There is a difference between doing it right and doing a quick install
job. All I'm saying is that software installation can be challenging to
get top performance without a way to measure, test and 'tweak' errors.

Thanks, Chen for your insight.

Phil Sussman
Clayton, Ohio