[RTTY] GU0SUP - ANARTS

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Jun 13 13:24:01 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Excellent! What more can one say?

Conditions were good, (well, for most of it anyway!), and I had
some really good runs. The rate-meter was up around 90 per hour, which is
way higher than I normally manage, and it stayed there for a good while.
It was great to see 10m open, especially early on Sunday morning, where I
had a ball. Just couldn't quite hit the 100 Q's, but 99 is far more than I
thought would be possible. All were EU's, but getting called by NP4BM woke
me up!
I also had a nice opening to W7/W6 early on Sunday morning on 20m, which
helped
to boost the score a little.
15m was very strange, in that there were often no signals around, and yet
calling CQ elicited quite a few responses.
I was surprised to find G's calling me on 10, 15 and on 20m, often with huge
signals. That usually means conditions are poor, yet I also worked 9M6, 9M2,
JA etc, at the same time.
Saw several GM's with huge signals here, who couldn't hear me, yet they were
working JA's I couldn't hear at all.
Also had to smile about the numer of TU 599-001-001 reports I got! OK, maybe
the 001's were just after GU on RTTY, and that's fine by me, but how did
several get as far as sending 599-032-032 ??

After tea on Saturday evening, I went back to the shack with the intention
of hitting the low bands, but 40m only had a few signals, and 80 was totally
dead.

And was there a pirate about?? I saw AA5AU being spotted, but surely Don
would have been spending "quality time" with his new bride?

No VK/ZL for me this time. I saw a few being worked, but had no copy at all.

One thing I did notice was that it didn't really matter where I pointed the
beam. Although it is only 2-ele, I can often peak up signals, or I have to
turn it slightly to get someones attention. This weekend, that went out of
the window, and I had callers from all directions.

Next event for me is the Friedrichshafen HamRadio weekend, and I will be
attending the RTTY dinner on Friday evening. I look forward to metting
everyone there.
A pity we will be missing Alex YO9HP, but work dictates such things must
happen.

Station: GU0SUP

Class: SOST LP
QTH: Guernsey
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   80:     8      22       6
   40:    21     88      15
   20:   285  1831    65
   15:   150   786     50
   10:    99    317     26
------------------------------
Total:  563  3044   162
Continents = 6
Total Score = 2,958,768

Writelog v10.54C + MMTTY
Icom IC756Pro + 70W
MQ1 mini-beam for 10/15/20
Inverted L for 40/80

Many thanks to all for the points, and my log will be on LoTW very soon!

I also hope to see many of you in Friedrichshafen very soon!

73 de Phil GU0SUP