[RTTY] FD 2005 RTTY/PSK Observations

llindblom@juno.com llindblom at juno.com
Mon Jun 27 17:01:17 EDT 2005

To me in a phone contest the "59" always alerted my brain to copy the important stuff as in the serial number, state, section or whatever.  "Please copy" only seems to alert my brain to copy the very redundant 59 which based on prior experience it already knows is coming.

But in the end in a real contest I'll take a QSO anyway I can get it even if it means a few minutes explaining the exchange or mechanics of the contest.

Just my 25 cents on this.

73 Larry, W0ETC

-- Bill Turner <dezrat1242 at ispwest.com> wrote:
At 02:01 PM 6/26/2005, Shelby Summerville wrote:
>the "please copy", that accompanies 99% of all
>phone contacts, is totally uncalled for?

I think people do it because, like the "599" in CW contests, it alerts you
that what immediately follows is the exchange. It's been used forever.

--
Bill, W6WRT