[RTTY] Great fun BARTG

Dick Kriss, AA5VU aa5vu at arrl.net
Mon Mar 21 15:25:04 EST 2005

> From: "Dick White" <whiter26 at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] Great fun BARTG
> To: "Contesting RTTY" <RTTY at contesting.com>
>
> A lot of QRN and poor propagation in the "Black Hole" of the USA. But, I
> managed to make 16 more contacts than 2004 and increased my score.  I sent a
> fairly long report and I think it paid off as I had only a few "AGN" sent to
> me.  The rules say "(B) TIME GMT. A full four (4) figure GMT time must be
> sent as part of each message."  So why did I get so many like this
> 12:21:42Z  or  12:21Z ?  I just sent 1221 thinkiing we all had read the
> rules. Copied W0ETC once, but could not get him to hear me. Sorry Larry.
> Also, copied GU0SUP replying to someone and could not entice him to call me.
> First time I have heard Phil in several contests.  See you in the next one.
>
> Dick  KS0M

I noticed the same thing as KS0M with all kinds of transmitted time formats.
I got tired of having to look at the time and typing in the four digits as a
part of each report so I quit sending reports and went QRT on BARTG.  Some
things are just too hard and not worth the extra effort.  Maybe next time.

Dick, AA5VU