[RTTY] How about this!

Andy swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 15 08:41:08 EST 2005

>>> "DJ3IW Goetz" <goetzlin at t-online.de> wrote on 15/11/2005 13:08:
> Even better are examples like this:
> ......DJ3IW DJ3IW DJ3IW CFM 599 166 599 166 UR RST 599 221
> and then nothing anymore.
> I got this and similar replies quite often.
>
> 73 de Goetz, DJ3IW

Maybe every contest rules should have a sample of a "model exchange"?

I'd like to repeat my plea for people to send serials 3 times.  OK I
know some very respected (and rightly) stations say send it twice  and
on strong signals its wasting time, but on weak signals if one is
corrupted you then have two that are the same so you know which is
right.  If you only send it twice and one is corrupted you don't know
which is the right one and need a repeat.

Also another plea, when asked for a repeat of numbers, only send the
numbers.  A number of people respond to a repeat request with

GM8OEG GM8OEG de VK9XYZ VK9XXYZ RR OM U R 599-234 599-234 HW CPY OM?
KN

When what I really want is

234 234 234 234 234 234 234

(BTW the VK9 is just in my dreams  all the rest of the c**p is real
:-)

Anyone agree with me, or is it just me?

Andy
gm8oeg