[RTTY] Novel idea?

J. Edward (Ed) Muns w0yk at msn.com
Wed Nov 23 21:04:15 EST 2005

I think this is fine solution.  With 10' separation, I wouldn't expect any
significant interaction between the A3 and the D4 at any relative
orientation.  But, since you will be able to rotate the D4 up to 90 degrees
relative to the A3, you can simply avoid any relative positions that are a
problem.  Furthermore, since the D4 is a dipole, with 90 rotation, you can
cover all azimuths, no matter where the A3 is pointed.  Finally, since the
D4 only has to rotate +/-90 degrees relative to the A3, the mechanical
issues of binding cables should be manageable.  I say, "go for it!"

The things about this installation that are scary to me have nothing to do
with your original question.  An A3, D4 or aluminum mast material wouldn't
survive two weeks at my location.  While we don't get Katrinas, the normal
wind highs throughout the winter require much heavier duty materials on this
ridge top.

Good luck,
Ed - W0YK