[RTTY] FW: OO Advisory kk5oq

robert tf3rb at internet.is
Sat Oct 22 13:30:35 EDT 2005

hey gang.

It's not the question what we call this all. Spurs, overdriving or whatever
we choose.
I have been monitoring rtty signals for some time and I see most of the afsk
stations in 2 to 3 plases at the same time, thease are the ones using
soundcard in the computer.  I beliece it's because the soundcard is making
the sound using square wave, which is as we know a sum of a lot of other
frequency's. where are all those harmonics of those freq. I hve never seen
anywhere a filter to flatten them out. so as long s we have those soundcards
around we will never have a clean band as we had before. just now I can copy
a station on 20M in 6 places. he is using a soundblaster and rtty.

regards robert  TF3RB