[RTTY] Old RTTY books

Jerry Weihrauch k0hzi at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 15:02:33 EDT 2005

I have the following books, are they worth anything?

"The Radio Amateur's RTTY Handbook"
Published by Wayne Green
By Byron H. Kretzman, W2JTP
and Wayne Green, W2NSD
First edition, 1957
Of note, has Byrons West St Paul, Minnesota
address stamped on title page.  Bought it when
Byron was in Minnesota working for the Minnesota
Transportation Department, purchased at the Minneapolis
RATS club.

"The New RTTY Handbook"
Published by Cowan Publishing Corp.
By Byron H. Kretzman, W2JTP
Printed 1962, think Byron was
RTTY editor for CQ magazine then.

"RTTY FROM A to Z"
Published by Cowan Publishing Corp. 1970
"CQ Technical Series"
By Durward J. Tucker W5VU
Was he related to Tucker Electronics? I don't know.
http://www.tucker.com/

"Specialized Communications Techniques"
Published by the ARRL, First edition, Third printing 1977
Covers:
Amateur Television - ATV
Slow-Scan Television
Facsimile
Radioteletype
Space Communications
Advanced Techniques;
  Laser, digital, pulse-code, time-division, multiplexing,
speech-recognition circuits.

Not Radioteletype related, but an old radio book
"1933 Official Radio Service Manual, Vol. No. 3"
Publisher unknown
Contains "How to become a radio service man".
    Official Directory of Commercial Radio Receivers
    Full Radio Service Guide

Has many old radio schematics and repair information,
 just glancing at the first schematic:
"All American Mohawk Corp, Model R, 1925"
The book was in my fathers shack, KN0GFM - SK
and has water damage but the pages are still readable.
Manged to get most of the "mildew" smell out.  Think
most of the book is intact, maybe a few pages missing.

I know my heirs would toss these in trash when I pass on,
 they are not interested in radio or it's history.

Taking offers and purchase would include shipping CONUS only!

Jerry  -  K0HZI