[RTTY] RTTY WAS Honor Roll

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 19 15:30:20 EDT 2006

> I've updated my list of RTTY WAS holders:
>
> http://www.ad1c.us/HamRadio/rtty_was.htm
>
> Please send me any additions/corrections.  My inbox is overflowing
> with "stuff".  Sorry if I missed your update, send it to me again.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

Jim AD1C,

Thanks for taking the time to post your list of RTTY WAS holders.  I am too
lazy to did out the storage box to check the date on my RTTY WAS #054 so I
sent a message to ARRL for a fill.  It may have been in 1983 and was awarded
to my old call KD5VU.  I remember I had to start over for WAS when I moved
back to Texas in 1982.

I will never forget the 50th QSO.  I was in a RTTY QSO with someone
mentioning I only needed one more for my RTTY WAS and the guy was telling me
there was only a few hams on RTTY from Maine and one happened to be coping
he mail. He called me after the QSO and I almost fell out of the chair.  It
was done with an green dumb terminal and a XITEX combo terminal unit and
keyboard with a Yeasu FT-101ZD.

73, Dick AA5VU