[RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

va3dx at sympatico.ca va3dx at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 14 17:40:26 EST 2006

Subject: Re: [RTTY] Have RTTY ops become SSB ops?

> > I don't think Jim was blaming packet per se, just that it makes it
> > easier for the lids to jump on a frequency all at once. Without packet
> > in the olden days, it took some time and that spread out the QRM.
> > Nowdays a single packet spot can cause havoc.

A huge pileup doesnt faze me a bit..... its when very clearly the
DX sends  " W6WRT 599 " and then 100's or thousands start
calling again while you try to give the DX his report.....

Packet may help them find the pileup, but it wont prevent
poor operators from giving ill timed, incessant calls.....

Glenn VA3DX