[RTTY] CQ-WPX-RTTY summary for AA9DY - SOSB(40m)/LP

AA9DY Contesting dmcvin2447-contesting at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 12:53:56 EST 2006

CallSign Used : AA9DY

Band : 40M
Power : LOW
Mode : RTTY

City/State/Zip : Grayslake  IL  60030
Club/Team : Society of Midwest Contesters

Band    QSOs    Pts  WPX
7        231    606  140
Total    231    606  140

Score : 84,840

Op Time :  20.38 hours

Rig : FT-920
Antenna : MFJ-1796 (multiband compact vertical)
mounted up 8ft on a pipe Software : N1MM Contest
Logger V6.1.14

Soapbox :
Contest was loads of fun! This is only my 2nd year
playing in this contest (single-op, part-timer on 40
meters).  With the same little-pistol station, I more
than doubled my score as compared to last year (35,754
pts. - 1st place W9/SO/LP/40meters).

First time occured for me where someone intensionally
interfered with my signal.  I would have to move
around as I could to get away from being keyed up on,
but would find the in-DUH-vidual right on top of one
of my diddle peaks.  A couple of times, I also heard
this person using my callsign (in CW) to call out CQ
on top of me.  Thanks to the OP's out there that
patient enough to keep trying despite the jammer.

73, Wayne / AA9DY.com