[RTTY] High power baluns

Jim Martin - MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 10:05:40 EST 2006

Hi Jerry
Make your own and save a fortune!
I have parallel dipoles for 80-10m.  The balun is about 9 turns of coax
formed on a piece of 4 inch drain pipe.  This works a treat and if you are
using RG8/ RG213 type coax there is no loss or problem running full power.
The other option is to use a stack of ferrite rings along the coax, works
just as well.  I have tried a few commercial types which got hot and died so
I would not go down that route again!
Try this page for more information http://www.cebik.com/a10/ant47.html
73
Jim,  MM0BQI