[RTTY] High power baluns

Joe Subich, W4TV k4ik at subich.com
Wed Feb 15 11:46:05 EST 2006

Don't use any of the "Maxwell" type ferrite beads over coax particularly
for RTTY.  The beads overheat and fail - see the information on baluns
at www.w8ji.com.

Here is an excellent note on using the "coil of coax" approach with
measurements of choking efficiencies across the HF range:
http://dayton.akorn.net/pipermail/towertalk/1996-August/000644.html

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV