[RTTY] Everyday RTTY Software

Ed w3nr at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 20:26:09 EST 2006

Phil Cooper wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> I am sure you have by now realised that MMTTY is what you need!
>
> I use it all the time, as it is superior to most other programs, free or
> not. It does have a basic logging facility, and from this, you can export an
> ADIF file, which you can then import into any other logging software.
> It also has the ability to handle numerous macro's, which can be used for
> both of your needs.
> I have most programmed to handle general RTTY work, but I do have two macros
> dedicated to working DXpeditions. One is very simple, and used for those TU
> 599 type situations, such as major DXpeditions, and the other is for a
> slightly more relaxed style of operation, such as you encounter when folk go
> to DX places for a contest, but work outside the contest with names, QTH
> etc.
>
> Also, when you install MMTTY, it does not do anything to Windows Registry,
> so you can install more than one instance of it (I use one solely for
> Writelog), and if you want to delete it and start again, it is that easy.
>
> Even if you don't choose it, I would suggest trying it out, as it really is
> that good!
>
> Best 73
> Phil GU0SUP

Phil, I appreciate the reply and have decided to just stay with MMTTY. I
have used it off and on since ver 1.61 (I think that was it). I decided
a couple of years ago to drop WL in favor of N1MM, and both seem to work
with MMTTY very well. I think MixW is about the only program that does
not use MMTTY as the RTTY engine. Like you, I have several macro's set
for the situation at hand....rather a rag chew or a quick Dx QSO. One
aspect of MMTTY that I find is a handy tool is the F9 key, once you load
your macro in the TX buffer, pressing F9 twice sends the macro and
returns to RX. You can load more than 1 macro and it will send them all
before returning to RX..a really neat feature.

I normally upload the log to my in-house server and transfer the log
over to a Linux app called Xlog. This app works very well and also
includes a label printing function. Just wish there was a good piece of
RTTY contesting software, and one that would allow FSK.

Again thanks for your input, and thanks to all the rest of you that were
good enough to offer suggestions....73

Ed W3NR

CU in RU