[RTTY] noise

Glenn Wyant va3dx at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 6 16:02:53 EST 2006

Just got back from my neighbours house, 2 doors north of me.

After walking the area with my portable receiver I finally was able
to locate my qrn on 80 meters....

I found a enormous amount of crud being generated by a small
halogen lamp... I had a portable receiver with me, tuned to 3.5 mhz...
It just about jumped out of hand when the lamp was switched on.
The noise was evident with the lamp shut off but still plugged in, but
to  only a small amount then.

Hopefully I will be able to copy more of you on 80 rtty in the RoundUp now !!!

The noise was 599 +20 db prior to this , over the entire 80 mtr band, and
above and below as well...

Glenn VA3DX