[RTTY] noise

A.Oskarsson tf3ao at simnet.is
Fri Jan 6 16:49:17 EST 2006

Hi Glenn, and others too.

This reminded me of one of the local hams here, living just 300-400 feet
away from me.
His dipole is strung between 2 houses and he had this noise coming on and
off from time to time. He asked me to listen when the noise was on, but nil
here.
He traced the noise to a halogen transformer located at his neighbour WC.
When the folks there, an elderly couple, they of course swithced off the
lights when they left the WC, so the problem of course lasted only for a
short time.
The ham went to the electrical shop, bought a new transformer, replaced it,
and Bingo, none interference there.

73 de TF3AO Seli

Will try to work some of you in the RU, but work at home will not permit
long time for operating.