[RTTY] New RTTY

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Sun Jan 8 20:44:14 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 04:50 PM 1/8/2006, James wrote:
>Several years ago we had an influx of 'no code' and us oldtimers
>were grumbling.

Been there, done that. I don't recall anyone not wanting new blood in
the hobby, just that many of the newbies had a "bad attitude" and
that's what the real grumbling was about.

Any newbie who showed enthusiasm, curiosity and a willingness to
learn was and is welcomed.
Any newbie who thinks he knows it all (learned on 11 meters,
probably) is in for a rocky road.

It's that way in all human organizations, not just ham radio. Some of
their mommas never raised them in prober behavior in such circumstances.

Bill, W6WRT