[RTTY] dashes be gone

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 09:53:30 EST 2006

On 1/8/06, FireBrick <w9ol at billnjudy.com> wrote:

> I did see one op who had multiple buffers. For the strong full copy stations he sent:
> W9OL 599 IL
> and for the weaker stations he sent:
> W9OL TU 599 IL IL DE BS7H K
>
> To me, that would save a lot more time in the long run.
>
> So what do you Pros think about this, what's the consensus?

Not a pro by any means, but I plan to do the same next contest for the
same reasons.  I *assume* the other station can't hear me well and put
in some "forward error checking" ... but that's not always needed.  It
surely was for ZL2AMI when I worked him, and G6M on 80 last evening,
but not for some others.

I'm just tickled that I made 461 Qs without MMTTY locking up.  :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin