[RTTY] operator error- pse help

K0BX jduerbusch at charter.net
Tue Jan 10 19:43:25 EST 2006

I do not have an answer for this, but this combination MKV, Rig Blaster
and MMTTY always is the one that needs help to get on FSK.

I wonder if someone who has done this combo could write an set of
instructions on how to do it?  I would be happy to put it on my website
or send it to AA5AU for his website.

I am glad that Jim W5QM wants to use FSK and I am glad that he came to
this RTTY group for help.  But we get this question asked at least once
a month.

So please help.

Joe K0BX
on rtty since 1975

Jim Hoge wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>   The RU was my first venture into RTTY and I had a blast. Now then, please help this op overcome his errors. I have a Yaesu Mk-V and a Rigblaster Plus and am running MMTTY. I have no problem using the stuff while operating the radio in lsb but I would rather operate the rig in its rtty mode to take advantage of all those extra filters I have. (The contest was difficult at best with an operational passband of 1.8k in sideband mode.) The question is this, I (think) I have done everything right but obviously not as I can't get the radio to work in rtty mode. I have setup the software as sound + COM-TxD (FSK), made a cable to go from the Rigblaster's key out to the radio's rtty din jack, tested the cable by shorting it to confirm that when shorted and opened, the radio toggles between mark and space tones. Now when I try to key the rig, it does so but nothing is sent, only the higher of the two tones although the computer indicates it is sending. Again, everything works fine
in
>  lsb mode
>  but not rtty. Oh, the jumpers in the Rigblaster are set in default positions. Any help would be most appreciated. Tnx, Jim W5QM

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)
without my permission.