[RTTY] Active in the ARRL RTTY RU only?

Waldemar DK3VN dk3vn at nexgo.de
Wed Jan 11 17:26:44 EST 2006

Hi,

was not active on the bands for approx. 1 year or so. But that will change
in the future, because from the 1th of January 2006 I am a "Pivatier" now.
A translation of this German word might be "he lives on a private income".

Now to my question. Over the last years I had the impression, that many
US-stations are active in the ARRL RTTY Round-Up only, but not in any other
RTTY contest during the year. If this impression is right, what is the
reason for it, that so many US-stations are active in the ARRL RTTY Round-Up
only, but not in any other RTTY contest during the year?

73 de Waldemar DK3VN
--
Check RWRL http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/
TMC http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/