[RTTY] Active in the ARRL RTTY RU only?

K0BX jduerbusch at charter.net
Wed Jan 11 17:49:01 EST 2006

I think that from the start the RU has be thought as a "State Side"
contest.  Guys know that with a dipole/verticle and 100 watts or less
they can work most guys in the contest.  Sorta like Fieldday.  It is a
easy contest without number, zone, birthdays, ect. Just state.

The DX thought the same way for a longtime.  It has only been in the
last few years that the DX stations have entered the contest.

We worked 296 Europeans from W0MA in this year RU.  I never have worked
that many even when the sunspots were good.

I really think you will see more and more US stations getting into other
RTTY contests.

Joe K0BX

--
Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk)