[RTTY] rtty laptops

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 12:43:58 EST 2006

Hello Ken and all:
  I am using laptop by Gateway for seval years, bought it new back in 2002, I beleive.
  It does a good work, especially on my DX-trips, but it IS sensitive to RF when I am running High Power, mostly on 80 and 40 meters.
  I am still using it on my second Radio, but I would not recommend this guy. I put some toroids and it works better now, but still in some combinations like 40m/80m or 80m/20m the Writelog shows "No Radio!" and I have to replug USB-cable or even to reastart Laptop in order to make it work again.
  recently I bought used Dell Desktop for 150 bucks with two comm ports.
  I am using Dell for the First radio and very happy with this guy, No RF, no problems, works like a whistle.
  I am not sure but have a feeling that all Laptops are subect to RF problem.
  Hope this will help and see you in BARTG SPRINT.
  73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N

Ken Eigsti <diverken at chaffee.net> wrote:
  Hi
Not sure if I have seen this topic discussed. I need to replace my laptop
that I use for RTTY and logging.

My question:
1.Are there some RF sensitive laptops I should stay away from? (No DELLS..2
of 3 have been DOA!)

Any suggestions helpful..

See you in BARTG next weekend.

73 Ken W0LSD