[RTTY] QSL'ing

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 25 11:57:12 EST 2006

Tom,

Im with you on this and I too have received numerous qsl cards following
contests requesting La for qsl and such.  The worst are the ones with a
stamp and a sticker on the back of the qsl, sent as a post card.  It
absolutely ruins the card and makes it worthless as a collectors item.  Two
of them got replies in the same way just this past week ONLY because I had 3
$.37 stamps left without any 2 cent stamps.  So I printed out labels, stuck
em on the card and stuck the otherwise useless 37 cent stamps directly on
the card.

Also note Tom, that I've had a bit of success with entering that information
under the QSL info on QRZ.com.  Since most need to look up the address to
mail it, put in the QSL info on QRZ that stateside requires an SASE and DX
requires an IRC or greenstamp.  Like you, I ALWAYS send either money or an
SASE (although I do apologize for the ones that I've sent to stateside qsl
mgrs over the last 6 months who havent sent them back yet and are now stuck
with either the guilt of not sending it, or forking over the additional 2
cents because you waited too long to send it back).

Charlie
KI5XP