[RTTY] QSL'ing

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed Jan 25 13:21:18 EST 2006

I have little business commenting on QSLing, because I'm WAY behind,
just because of "life".

But I did want to comment on this:

   From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris at bellsouth.net>
   Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:57:12 -0600

   Tom,

   Im with you on this and I too have received numerous qsl cards following
   contests requesting La for qsl and such.  The worst are the ones with a
   stamp and a sticker on the back of the qsl, sent as a post card.  It
   absolutely ruins the card and makes it worthless as a collectors item.  Two
   of them got replies in the same way just this past week ONLY because I had 3
   $.37 stamps left without any 2 cent stamps.  So I printed out labels, stuck
   em on the card and stuck the otherwise useless 37 cent stamps directly on
   the card.

Come on, this is the way it used to be done, and I happen to think
that it adds to the value of the card as a collector's item.  I
absolutely understand expecting an SASE, and I'd probably get annoyed
if I got a lot of them, but I've received a few like that from very
new hams, and I've replied to them in that way, since my home cards
are explicitly configured to make that practical.

73, doug