[RTTY] QSL'ing

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:36:00 EST 2006

On 1/25/06, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt at panix.com> wrote:

> Come on, this is the way it used to be done, and I happen to think
> that it adds to the value of the card as a collector's item.  I
> absolutely understand expecting an SASE, and I'd probably get annoyed
> if I got a lot of them, but I've received a few like that from very

If I got 50 cards a week, or maybe even half that, and they were all
post cards, I might get annoyed ...  But I'd also make sure that my
qrz.com entry (and other places) said "SASE ONLY".

If you want to talk about tradition, go and look at all those pre-WW2
cards and see how many were sent as postcards.  There's a reason
"standard" QSL cards are postcard-sized!  I sure appreciate SASEs, but
I sure don't expect them.

I return QSLs however I get them.  Apparently, though, I'm one of the
few because of the QSLs *I"ve* sent as cards, I don't think any have
been returned at least in the past 2 years.

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin