[RTTY] LoTW - another view

Robert Chudek k0rc at citlink.net
Thu Jan 26 21:26:56 EST 2006

Whoa... one is fully functional? Then tell me how I can generate a hardcopy QSL card from LOTW and submit it to a non-ARRL award sponsor. LOTW might be fully functional for you but it is not fully functional for me. I'm not chasing DXCC or WAS... I already have them on the wall, from before LOTW.

As you know, the LOTW system is geared for ARRL awards promotion, not general amateur radio promotion per se. Their refusal to partner with the eQSL system to leverage the effectiveness of both systems is beyond me. I definitely ding them for a stubborn "not invented here" mindset. But it's their product and they can gear it to their own goals and objectives. And like any software development project, you need to limit the "scope creep". That can derail or kill a project pretty fast.

In any case, my original question still remains unanswered by anyone... What is the acceptable percentage of League officials using LOTW?

73 de Bob - K0RC

Scott Schultz launched the following message from his computer:

>Message: 10
>Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:49:36 -0600
>From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz at juno.com>
>Subject: Re: [RTTY] LoTW - another view