[RTTY] thats very sad Gert

Doug Hall doug.hall at jps.com
Fri Jan 27 17:41:30 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Bill Turner
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 2:55 PM
To: RTTY
Subject: Re: [RTTY] thats very sad Gert

W6WRT wrote:

Do you think 10 GHz has the same importance in the Scheme of Things as LoTW?
I don't. LoTW is a biggie, or should be. 10 GHz
could vanish and few people would notice or care.

---------------------------

I'd care. In the Scheme of Things I think 10 GHz (and indeed, any other
spectrum entrusted to us) is orders of magnitude more important than LoTW. I
don't know why you place such importance on LoTW. I'll say it again, I use
LoTW and I like the concept. But LoTW just allows ARRL members like me to
chase operating awards. Period. And I can chase the same awards (and lots
more besides) without it. How can operating awards like DXCC and WAS be more
important than irreplaceable spectrum?

Put another way, what would bother you more to read in QST?:

1. ARRL closes LoTW.
2. Hams lose 10 GHz band.

I hope most hams would be more concerned about losing spectrum.

73,
Doug, K4DSP