[RTTY] thats very sad Gert

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Fri Jan 27 14:54:46 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 11:37 AM 1/27/2006, Peter Laws wrote:

>As for it being "mandatory" ...  come on, be serious.  What about 10
>GHz?  Should that be mandatory for directors because the ARRL
>publishes a band plan for 10 GHz?

Probably not. Do you think 10 GHz has the same importance in the
Scheme of Things as LoTW? I don't. LoTW is a biggie, or should be. 10
GHz could vanish and few people would notice or care.

>Should the directors also be forced
>to by all ARRL publications just because the ARRL publishes them?

They should read them, yes, but I'd think they would get them free.
:-) There aren't that many and a good director should want to know
what's going on in the publications department. Does he have to read
every word? No. Should he be familiar with what's in there and who
wrote it? Yes. How else can he direct?

73, Bill W6WRT