[RTTY] thats very sad Gert

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:37:06 EST 2006

On 1/27/06, Bill Turner <dezrat1242 at ispwest.com> wrote:

> mandatory, and especially so for the Board of Directors since they
> have the ultimate control and supervision over the program. If a
> board member doesn't use it, how can he know how well or poorly it
> works and what needs fixing?

You're confusing "ultimate control" and micromanaging.  The ARRL Board
doesn't need to use LoTW to judge its effectiveness (tho' it certainly
wouldn't hurt) any more than the board of the company I work for needs
to use all the services we provide.
That's why the ARRL has a CTO (and why the company I work for has a
similar position).

As for it being "mandatory" ...  come on, be serious.  What about 10
GHz?  Should that be mandatory for directors because the ARRL
publishes a band plan for 10 GHz?  Should the directors also be forced
to by all ARRL publications just because the ARRL publishes them?

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin