[RTTY] Tips for contesting...

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:54:29 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> The hard part is making the psychological jump from being busy all the time (tuning around, calling guys, etc.) to calling CQ and *not* feeling busy all of the time (lots of CQs go unanswered).  The former is an inefficient use of time.  That's why one

Interesting comment.  I'm a 100W+dipole station (and a dipole at about
5 m at the east end at that!) and while I've called CQ a few times, I
always stop because, ta da!, I don't feel busy.

I'll try to make a point of CQing more in the XE contest as a personal
test ... :-)

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY/9 | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin