[RTTY] DQ2006Y in DL-DX (SOAB HP)

Wolf, DL6JZ dl6jz at t-online.de
Mon Jul 3 12:25:07 EDT 2006

Hi all,

what a contest! I got the best result for me in this one, while the
conds are going downwards. It was not my main goal to maximize my own
contest score but I wanted to give as much stations as possible the
chance to work this special event call. I was aware that a lot of
operators were chasing for the DQ/DR-calls because a contest must be a
good opportunity. So I decided to call CQ only. And it worked also.
After a slow begin the rate went higher and I had a lot of good DX
contacts on 20 m and on 40 m. 15 m was not good at all, no W- and no
JA-station on this band! The QRN on the 80 m-band was around S8 to S9 so
I got only a few QSOs outside Europe. 20 m was open all the night. A
highlight was VK3FM calling me at 22:49 Z via long path while my beam
was about 30 degrees off. But it was the only VK beside VK6HD on 40 m.
Other highlights were KH6ZM on 20 m, some W6 to W0, 2 BY-stns and VE9DX
on 80 m. It seems to me that te participation in this contest is growing
up from Year to year. Ur QSL cards for the DQ/DR-stns are not needed.
All outgoing cards will be processed through the buro automatically.

Call: DQ2006Y
Operator(s): DL6JZ
Station: DL6JZ

Class: SOAB-24 HP
QTH: Oderberg
Operating Time (hrs): 22:00

    80:   83   797    21
    40:  146  1478    40
    20:  267  3270    80
    15:   60   631    19
    10:   22   228    12
Total:  578  6404   172  Total Score = 1,101,488

Club: DL-DX RTTY Contest Group

Rig: FT-1000MP + h.m. PA (400 watts)
      3 ele Tribander, dipole
      N1MMLogger, v. 6.5.7