[RTTY] GU0SUP DL-DX

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Jul 3 13:29:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Well, sadly this was a very poor effort from me.
Firstly, conditions on Saturday afternoon were very poor, and I just could
nto get a run going.
Secondly, I had an evening out with work, so had to stop around 1600UTC to
get ready.

When I got home (0030UTC), I was too tired to start again, so decided to get
up early on Sunday morning and continue then.
Good idea, but after a night out with good food and beer, that didn't work!
Got into the shack around 0715UTC and worked a few mults on 40m, and then
went to 20 and called CQ as much as possible. Conditions were a little
better, but still not great.
I was a little surprised to have W3MQ call me on 20m at 0952, as I was
beaming at 70 degrees, and I wasn't expecting any W's to be on 20m at that
time. I then got some more, which is unusual so early, but it was much
appreciated!
I also enjoyed working those I met last weekend in FN, so thanks guys, and a
pleasure to see you!
It was also great to see so many DL's taking part.

I guess I should have opted for a 6 hour session, but what the heck! It was
fun, wasn't it?

Thanks also to the DR2006 and DQ2006 stations! I added 3 more to the list,
but probably will not manage to get enough DQ's for the top award.

Thanks to the DRCG team for the contest.

Anyway, this is what I ended up with:
Class: SOAB-24 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8
 	 QSOs	Points	DX:	Call Areas
80m: 	    0	    0	    0	    0
40m:	   13	  142	   10	    0
20m:	  171	 1937	   41	    6
15m:	    4	   43	    4	    0
10m:	    5	   53	    4	    0
Total: 	  193	 2175	   59	    6
Total Score = 141,375

Club: BARTG

(compare last year:
          QSOs	Points	DX:	Call Areas
80m: 	    5	   59	    3	    0
40m:	   17	  186	   13	    2
20m:	  209	 2479	   44	   12
15m:	   52	  599	   21	    1
10m:	   19	  216	   10	    0
Total: 	  302	 3539	   91	   15
Total Score = 375,134)

My log is now on LoTW, but cards are welcome, direct or via the bureau.

Very best 73
Phil GU0SUP

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.