[RTTY] Antenna Question

Doug Hall k4dsp.doug at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 22:43:49 EDT 2006

I agree with AA4LR on this. I had an A4S up at 70 feet for several
years before losing the antenna and tower to Hurricane Fran. (Huge
pine tree fell across the guy wires and brought the whole works down.)
I have never used the TH5, but I have compared the A4S to a TH3 and I
think the Cushcraft is the better antenna. At one time I did some
research on trap losses in trapped tribanders and found that the traps
in my A4S had less loss than the TH3 I tested. Now granted, this
wasn't the most scientific test in the world, because the TH3 traps
were about 10 years older than the ones from the A4S, so take it with
a grain of salt. In any case I found the A4S to be a good antenna and
I worked a lot of DX with it.

Regards,
Doug, K4DSP