[RTTY] Antenna Question

Mike Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 4 07:29:38 EDT 2006

Our club just put up a TH5 donated by a now sk. It replaced a PRO 67 that
had the mounting u-bolts to the boom break, and there were some parts
missing and elements damaged. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but with
the dual driven elements, the swr, checked with an MFJ analyzer was close to
1:1 on the low end of the band, and was 2:1 or less at the high end of the
phone band, on every band. I was given a TH3 8 years ago and have helped on
a couple of A3 and A4 installations. The HyGain antennas do seem a bit more
heavy duty. Performance wise I would imagine there isn't much difference in
the A3 and TH3. With another element, the A4 should have an edge over a TH3.

73, Mike K9MI