[RTTY] K8AJS NAQP RTTY Single Op LP

John E Bastin jbastin at sssnet.com
Sun Jul 16 22:14:50 EDT 2006

                     North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

    80:   57    23
    40:  113    39
    20:  165    40
    15:   46    25
    10:   23    17
-------------------
Total:  404   144  Total Score = 58,176

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This was a fun contest. I really didn't intend to put in a
full-time effort, but the sun was out, the weather was hot
and it was a good day to sit in the basement and play radio.
10 on the hour and 15 on the half hour worked out well,
providing me with contacts that I assuredly would not have
had otherwise. Before I knew it I was having to quit at
0500Z because I was out of time.

Interesting to work DX in the NAQP: 5F50KD, 9A7R, EI6HB and
G6PZ. Thanks for the QSOs, guys, even if not a multiplier,
they all count...:-)

There were a number of stations that I worked on two and
three bands, and then there were the ones I got on four
bands, missing them only on 10 meters: AD4EB, K9MUG, N9CK,
W4GAC, W4MLB and WN1G. A big THANKS for all the contacts,
they are appreciated!

And there were three stations I got on all five bands:
KK5OQ, KT0R and W6YX. Thanks a lot guys, for the contacts,
sometimes digging me out because my signal wasn't as loud as
I would have hoped.

I didn't have any power issues, there really weren't any
stations that I missed working that I thought I could have
worked if I just had a little more power. I turned down the
power on the FT1000MP just a little bit, to about 85 or 90
watts on the meter so things wouldn't overheat and cause
problems. The difference between 90 watts and 100 watts is
inconsequential in the long run.

I hope everyone had a good time in the contest, and I'm
looking forward to the next one...:-)

Rig: FT1000MP 100 watts <- (not really, turned this down a bit)
Antennas: 3 ele quad, 204-foot G5RV
Software: WriteLog 10.55d

John E Bastin, K8AJS
jbastin at sssnet.com