[RTTY] Not to beat the ANTENNA OVERKILL horse...

K2ZR ds at dicksteinadvertising.com
Thu Jul 20 14:30:03 EDT 2006

Sorry Barry:
1) First I'm not whining!
2) Second my contesting skills are quite good but in a major DX contest
competition I'd never be able to compete with the big antenna guns. This
is not a whine so don't categorize me or others like me as a "whiner",
it's the simple truth.
3) Third, yes there is really no way to level the playing field but,
having a big antenna class and a wires/verticals only class in the three
key power levels would be nice. As a member of FOC, it's refreshing that
there are in all of their contests classifications for the bug antenna
folks, and the wire/verticals folks at all power levels. Somehow a
highly skilled international group of CW operators like FOC has figured
out a system to level the playing field.
All the best and 73,
Dick, K2ZR

--
Best Regards,