[RTTY] Are digital modes a DXexpedition afterthought?

Andrei Nevis v49a at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 10:36:29 EDT 2006

This number is correct.
I worked 4500 QSO's last time from V44/NP3D/EW1AR in DXpedition style (not counting V49A during CQ WW SSB) and among them I did 460 some contacts on RTTY.
To be exact, I probably could make 700-800 QSO's or so, but 10 % is a good number. Will try better next time.
73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote: At 01:54 PM 7/18/2006, KB1JZU wrote:

>At the risk of sounding a bit too critical, I believe some of the
>DXexpeditions are taking the Digital modes
>a bit too lightly.

A large-scale DXpedition may work between 25-30K unique callsigns.

That same DXpedition may work between 2-3k unique RTTY callsigns.

So the RTTY operators represent only 10% of the "consumers".  One can
see where this leads.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, , http://www.ad1c.us

BEST 73'S