[RTTY] Be Careful What You Ask For ...

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Jul 24 22:39:44 EDT 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:07:28 -0400, you wrote:

>GET THS STRAIGHT - LISTENING TIME IS NOT WORKING ANY MORE STATIOINS!

Not knowing what a STATIOIN is, I can't argue with the above. But I
can say that more listening time will allow you to work more stations
because you have more time to find more station, and more bands to
search as well. This is such a simple concept I can not imagine why
you can not grasp it.

>What counts it the number of stations worked.  It maters NOT ONE BIT
>IF I or any other station has 100 receivers and I can listen to them
>ALL at the same time.

Yes it does matter, Joe.

>A Single Operator class is defined by a single
>operator performing all the operating functions and having only one
>signal on the air at a time - PERIOD!

Really? Ever hear of Single Op assisted? That category was added when
needed and the one/two radio class will be too.

>If you change that you make a fundamental change in the foundation
>of the single operator class.

Exactly, just what is needed to solve the problem

>Some of the new high end transceivers will make the SO1R vs. SOmR
>> >debate moot.  When one radio contains two fully independent, high
>> >performance receivers and the ability to instantly transmit on
>> >either frequency, no objective definition will be able to say that
>> >is *not* a SO1R station.

More nonsense. A one radio operation is defined simply: One RX and one
TX. When the RX is on, the TX must be off and vice versa. Once again,
you are confusing the number of cabinets with the number of radios.

>No ... it is and always has been THE NUMBER OF OPERATORS and the
>NUMBER OF SIMULTANEOUS TRANSMISSIONS - PERIOD!

Not for long.

Bill, W6WRT