[RTTY] How to handle a pileup on RTTY

Jerry no2t at arrl.net
Tue Jul 25 11:55:56 EDT 2006

Hi Gary

	Even though this station is not in an exotic location, will have pileups
with Italian and German stations during every major rtty contest.

	The trick that sometimes works is to have a macro that says "one at a time
pse".  Also, wait a few seconds before working the first guy. Very often
one can see and hear parts of other calls.  After working the first station
immediately send the part of the second call with a "?" mark. This will
momentarily thin the pileup.

 	Remember to send the station's call sign, who you are calling, both at
the beginning and the end of the exchange. Dont wait for the pileup to end.
In general the stations calling you are not hearing the others, just you.

	Do not send your call sign at the end of the exchange, it is just a waste
of time. They know who they are calling.

	Finally, just enjoy the feeling and keep your QSO rate up.

		73 de Jerry NO2T